Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summa Cum What?

I like bragging about my husband, so this will be a bragging post. Caleb graduated a few weeks ago with his Chemical Engineering Degree from BYU. He graduated Summa Cum Laude, meaning he was in the top 1% of BYU’s graduating class. What was the GPA requirement to earn such an honor you ask? 3.99. But Caleb doesn’t like odd numbers. He graduated from BYU’s most difficult major with a 4.0! Nobody else even came close to that in his college. Caleb was also asked to speak at graduation. We got front row seats for that of course.


And, my mom even surprised us and drove through the night from California to see Caleb graduate. My aunt DeeDee came, along with my grandparents. Interestingly, Caleb had more of my family members at his graduation than I did. I've accepted the fact that everyone likes him more than me. It’s ok. I do too.



Caleb and his very proud parents.


Right before he received his diploma. The bib-looking thing is a "stole" signifying Caleb's membership in some elite academic society. (Thau Beta Pi? Can't remember.)


This is us outside the Smith Fieldhouse, where Convocation was held.


This is Caleb in front of the building he practically lived in for the past five years.


This is a personal favorite… reenacting many of our date nights while we were engaged and dating: Caleb doing homework while I was zonked out next to him in the ChemE computer lab. It must be love.


We also had a lot of fun with Caleb’s family while they were here. One memorable trip was fishing in the Provo river.

Here we all are with the fish we caught. Caleb didn’t catch one at first because he was helping everyone else. Don’t worry, though. He put on his new waders and hat, and caught a real winner!


Aw, isn't he cute?


4 comments:

  1. Love your blog girl! Can you please add me to it!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Caleb! I am so proud of you! It wasn't too long ago that we were sitting in your apartment talking about girls and school and now you are all graduated and married. Not only that, but graduated Summa Cum Laude and married to the BEST girl for you. Isn't it funny how timing works out?

    I told you so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Caleb! That is so exciting. It's so nice having a smart hubby, isn't it? :) Did I invite you to my blog, Linds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you've invited me yet. Can you invite me? lindsey.snell@hotmail.com.
    And yes, it's very nice to have a smart hubbie. :)

    ReplyDelete