Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's Autumn Time...

Caleb and Grandpa Larry have been spending some time together lately. My husband seems to have inherited more of my grandpa's blood than I have. They go fishing a lot together, and just recently went pheasant hunting in Provo. Caleb brought his younger brother Tyler along too.



Meanwhile, I stayed home to work on my domestic skills... (Guns aren't my fave. I'm scared of them.)

As I said previously, I've had some time on my hands. And, as I also mentioned before, I LOVE pumpkin. Hence, I made pumpkin pie from scratch. Now I'm talking as scratchy as scratch can get: homemade pie crust, pumpkin straight-out-of-a-pumpkin... the works. It was a blast. Caleb actually helped too when he got home. We made two pies, and both were gone much quicker than I'd like to admit.







3 comments:

  1. How did you prepare the pumpkin? Remember when Christine brought home pumpkins from floral design and I tried making straight-from-a-pumpkin pie and it was nasty? Or maybe I didn't let you try it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tastes the best when you buy the small pie pumpkins instead of the big ones. But I just scraped all the junk out, cut it in half, and baked it with the inside facing down at 350 for like 45 min. Mmm. Makes me want to make another one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets get together SOON!!!! You are so domestic!! You have so much to teach me!

    ReplyDelete