Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Forged in the affliction of battle...

I am Xena: Warrior Princess.

Our ward does a fund raiser to earn money for the youth camps in the summer. This is not your typical spaghetti dinner event either. A few members in the ward are asked to participate in a "Family Feud" game show, which serves as the entertainment while the audience eats dinner. The theme this year: Heroes vs. Villians. The Friday night show was a little rough... we were all pretty nervous, and there were some unexpected glitches. But Saturday night was so much fun, and I can't wait until Halloween to don this costume again.

I made the top out of a purse I found at Goodwill. The "armor" is a bunch of brass drawer handles. The skirt was made from a fake leather skirt I found (also at Goodwill). I cut it up into strips, sewed them together, and put gold studs in them.


The Heroes: Wonder Woman, Mr. Incredible, Xena, Superman, Batman.


The Villians: Cat Woman, the Riddler, Darth Vader, Dr. Evil, and Cruella DeVille

 The whole cast.

 Us with some friends in the ward.

I may or may not have cartwheeled into the gym for my grand entrance. I was considering flipping off the stage, but then I thought that cracking my head open might put a damper on the evening. Our bishop came up to Caleb after and said, "I don't know how you can keep a handle on that wife of yours." Apparently I was type-casted.

6 comments:

  1. thats so clever! I love it! well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I had no idea you were so hard core! You look like you could kick some major butt! You definitely make a good Zena warrior princess, and might I say that was definitely an interesting choice of a hero =)

    Love this! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh. There are no words...You look so amazing. I hope you wear that to the airport on your way here. That is, if you take a plane. I would pay money to see you board the plane in that. It's worth at least twenty bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LINDS! After talking to you I've been anxiously awaiting this post. You're hilarious and so talented. How impressive is your costume!! I miss you tons. Also, I believe you probably were type casted. :) Also, how anyone could think you were pregnant I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog!
    P.S. This was the best costume ever and am so impressed by your creativity. I hope you wear it for Halloween for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LINDSEY!!! This post just made my day!! You did an incredible job on your costume. So creative! You really are talented! Thanks for sharing I miss you guys so much!!

    ReplyDelete