Monday, June 7, 2010

The Honeymoon...

You know how some people have really bad luck? I'm one of those people. If having scaffolding all over the temple and a sick husband on my wedding day wasn't enough, just wait until you hear about our honeymoon:

Caleb suffered the effects of food poisoning for a few more days, but was feeling better by about Wednesday. All week he had been looking forward to an overnight deep sea fishing trip that we had booked (If you ask Caleb what his favorite sport is, he'll say fishing.) Unfortunately on Wednesday we received a call from H&M Landing reporting that our trip for that night had been cancelled. Strike one. Caleb managed to schedule a last minute slot on a boat leaving Thursday night, so we packed up our things, made some last minute schedule changes, and raced to the dock to make our 10pm departure. We barely made it, and because we were the last two people to sign up, we got the last two bunks... on opposite ends of the boat. So Caleb is sleeping by a huge hypothermia-inducing fan while I am thirty bunks away surrounded by old drunken sailors. Strike Two.

Have you ever been seasick? On your honeymoon? Well let me tell you about it. Twenty minutes after departure I found myself vomiting into my poor husband's hands because there was neither bag nor bathroom nor side of boat close enough. That of course made him sick. Caleb was able to make it to a toilet where he spent the next hour or so vomiting. We both spent that night suffering from severe "gastric discomfort." Strikes three and four.

Despite the mostly repulsive crowd constant state of nausea and/or vomiting, we both forced ourselves to fish. It actually helped our stomachs to focus on something. Caleb ended up catching more fish than anyone. He caught 6 Baracuda and 2 Yellowtail Tuna. I caught two Baracuda, which I was thrilled about. (I have never caught a fish before. Plus, I had just as much fun putting the live bait on the hooks!)




Now we can look back on that experience and laugh. We actually had a pretty good time, and it made for a truly unforgettable honeymoon. Other highlights of the week included:


Beautiful Burgers...




A few days on Oceanside Beach...



And a visit to Balboa Park









5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your wedding!!! As far as I can tell by that one picture, you sure made a beautiful bride! I can't wait to see more!
    I'm so happy for you and that you found your prince charming! You two sure make a great couple!
    What a bummer about all of your bad luck. :( You should go on another trip for your one year anniversary to make up for it. :) I'm sure it was still so wonderful!
    Hopefully we'll see you around Provo! (That is if you're still here) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! wow!!! You guys are the best! Only you could make it through all that smiling!! Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures!! PLEASE PLEASE post them soon!! :) Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. just your luck....I am so sorry but amazed at your happy attitude about it all. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linds! I am so sorry to hear that! You look so happy. I am so happy for you! Congrats again. I can't wait to see wedding pictures! You two are such good sports, I am so sorry about the honeymoon... what a bummer. Yeah, make sure you go on another trip! Email me your email address, so I can add you to my blog! spencehannah@gmail.com Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are unlucky :) At least you're married now, and nothing is better than that! (until you have kids)

    ReplyDelete