Friday, December 10, 2010

Flotsam and Jetsam and Holiday Cheer

A few things lately...

1. This week Caleb and I accompanied the youth of our ward on a Temple Square trip. I love going up to Salt Lake during Christmas time. It's so beautiful and bustling with excitement. I will say, however, that I don't know what I will do if I ever have sons. Caleb is much more patient with the young men than I am. Teenage boys never sit still, they are always hitting someone or climbing on something, and all they talk about is Nintendo DS/Wii. I have a feeling that any future teenage sons I have will find themselves in a perpetual state of being grounded.


2. We spent Thanksgiving in Kaysville, Ut with G & G Snell. We enjoyed spending time up there, but I only took one photo from the day. It's a pic of my grandma with my adopted cousin Timmy and his other grandma. I post this photo because I am pretty sure Timmy is THE CUTEST CHILD in the world. Go ahead and try to disprove me.


3. I get bored a lot these days. So one day I decided to sew some stockings. I don't know how to use a sewing machine, so I did it by hand. I'm embarrassed at how simple they are, but hey, you have to start somewhere, right?

4. Caleb and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary in November. We went on a really fun hike/run up Hobble Creek Canyon--at least it was fun until we heard a noise that I'm pretty sure was a mountain lion. I made Caleb take me back to the car because I got scared.


5. I love Thai food. Our favorite place is Spicy Thai on University Ave in Provo. But I recently went to Thai Mango over by Cafe Rio, and I loved it too. Guess what their special was that day? PUMPKIN CHICKEN CURRY. Now if you know me at all, you know my adoration for pumpkin. Combine that with my passion for Thai curry, and you have the happiest girl in Utah county. It was divine. The only thing is that Caleb told me whenever I eat Thai food, I smell like it for the next few days. It kinda grosses him out. I hear that happens with most Asian foods. Still worth it, though.

1 comment:

  1. Linds, I LOVE your stockings! You're so great. I miss you a lot.

    ReplyDelete