Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ticking time bomb

I haven't taken many pregnancy photos, mostly because I'm in denial about my current size. But some people have asked for some, so I had Caleb snap a few during the Thanksgiving weekend. Perhaps I made a mistake. The first thing my sister said when she saw them was "are you sure you aren't having twins?" Nice. That's what every woman wants to hear. I know I have an excuse for being large right now, but there are very few ways to see  comments like "Oh my gosh, you're HUGE!"  or "You just look miserable" as a compliment. 

Last month at a Relief Society meeting an older lady came up to me and said, "You're not big enough to be due in December!" I wanted to kiss her. It's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, even if her comment warrants a visit to the optometrist.

Nonetheless, here is me at 38.5 weeks.



6 comments:

  1. you are still teeny! I think I was twice the size. does that make you feel better? Seriously, you look great, and the end is in sight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt huge, too. But...

    ...BABY! Yay! We love babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely DARLING!!! I know just how you feel, I felt the same way, except wait...I actually was huge! 60 pounds huge ;) . You look great! We're so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look darling- I think a pregnant belly s beautiful no matter what! So excited for you.you will have to let me know when things happen. Still thinking natural?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bec! Yep, still planning on the whole natural thing. We'll see how it goes... I never heard how your labor went. I don't have your personal email, but mine is lindseymiskin@gmail.com. I'd love to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fab! It only in your tummy! Hang in there gorgeous you'll feel back to normal soon and then you'll miss seeing your little tummy move! Love you! -Jules

    ReplyDelete