Sunday, January 12, 2014

Christmas, Kids, Cold

I don't really want to be one of those bloggers who only writes about their kids, but that's pretty much my life, so I apologize if it bores you. It's more for the Grandmas anyway. I will try to spice it up in any way I can.

We spent Christmas in South Carolina. I had never been to the South before, and I have a few observations about it. 1) great BBQ 2) friendly people. Some stranger and I got to be best friends in the clearance aisle at Gap because we liked the same shirt. 3) holy cow the biggest churches I have ever seen. most of them were the size of my high school. I love me some good ole fashioned God-fearing people. (Said with a southern accent, of course.)




Jesse got to be Baby Jesus. You know, I always wanted to be Mary in a Christmas pageant. I thought I had it in the bag this year since I was the only one with a newborn. But they let the newlyweds have that job. I was kinda jealous.


Grrr. 



OK seriously? My kid is so cute.



Alaina has 13 grandparents alive. All 4 grandparents, all 8 great-grandparents, and one great-great grandparent. Spoiled much?



Jesse is destined love football. However I don't want him to actually play. I'd prefer a sport that keeps his brain in tact.



I try SO hard to get them both smiling at once. I gave up after this one.


Hmm, what else...
Oh, so I hate snow, and I hate being cold, and after the polar vortex came through I decided that Caleb will get a job in California after he graduates. Luckily he agrees with me.


Just a bit of advice for you westerners: don't call your daughter in the Midwest and tell her that you lit a fire because it was a brisk 65 degrees. Especially when it's currently -40 where she's at. The 100 degree temperature difference might create some hostility.

No comments:

Post a Comment