Tuesday, January 28, 2014

White Things

A few white things have been on my mind lately. For instance, does the old fashion mantra "No white after Labor Day" still apply? I have been told that white flatters my complexion, and I find it unfair that I must avoid it for half the year. Plus, many of my shirts are white, and I'm bored of the others. PLUS, white hides the white badges of courage on my shoulders (aka spit-up) much better than more winter-friendly colors.
Which brings me to my second white thing: milk. It rules my life these days. Between breastfeeding and dealing with Jesse's copious amounts of curdled milk-vomit I consider myself a lactation expert. I've eliminated cow milk from my own diet in hopes of improving the situation, but to no avail. Jesse's stomach sphincter seems determined to stay open. And I really miss ice cream. And the last white thing is one I'm sick and tired of talking about, but can't avoid it: SNOW. It annoys me that Midwesterners chat incessantly about the weather, but I'm now realizing why. It runs our lives!!! It's colder here than Alaska, so feel free to pity me. I'm going home in March, and I may never come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment