Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Me no like forks.

I spend A LOT of time in the kitchen. Make breakfast, feed kids breakfast, clean up breakfast, make lunch, feed lunch, clean up lunch... you get the idea. Dish time is my thinking time, and here's what I am thinking today: for the most part, forks are overrated. Why don't we just eat most things with our hands? I mean, it would really save on dishwasher space, and Alaina's usually ends up on the floor anyway. Plus, we just create an extra thing to clean. Why don't we just skip the fork and use our hands? Our hands will clean themselves when we do the dishes anyway. Caleb will tell you that I'm a true minimalist; I usually make him share a cup with me during meals because dirty dishes pile up far too quickly in the Miskin home. This character trait applies to other areas of my life too. Like this week I am spending the nights at a YMCA camp as the night nurse. I brought pajamas, a sleeping bag, and a toothbrush. And the book I'm reading, of course. I'm not a caveman or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment