Sunday, November 16, 2014

Dumb phone

Last week I gave my smart phone a lobotomy, and I'm very pleased with the results. It's still a mildly intelligent phone, but less of a time-sucking vortex.
1. I uninstalled my Facebook app. This doesn't mean I cancelled my account; it just means that now I have to make a deliberate choice to get on FB on my laptop, rather than just browsing every time I look at my phone. I waste much less time.
2. I put my phone in airplane mode whenever I go to church or read my scriptures on my phone. Less chance of distraction.
3) I only turn my data on when I am home or when I need something specific. It's liberating to be off the grid every once in a while.
I have, however discovered Overdrive, which has changed my life. No need to whistle while I work when I can read!

No comments:

Post a Comment