Sunday, June 21, 2015

Maternal ethics 101

Mommy dilemmas. Sometimes seemingly mundane choices can have momentous consequences.
Take the following examples:
She falls asleep before brushing her teeth. Do I wake her up from her beloved (by me) sleep? Or...
Let it slide, and possibly let the "sugar bugs" rot her teeth out? They all fall out anyway, right?


The kids ask for a chocolate, and there's one left. Do I sacrifice my own wants and let them have it? Or...
Risk purgatory by telling them that the chocolate is all gone. We all know where liars go...


I've been dying to wear these shoes. Do I throw caution to the wind and sport them at church next week? Or...
Be reasonable and, knowing that Jesse always makes a break for the pulpit, save myself a snapped fibula.

In case you're wondering, I swirled a toothbrush around in her unconscious mouth, they got the chocolate, and I have embraced my inner mama-frump. If you're a childless size 8.5, they're yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment