Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm so grateful...


I feel like Buddy the Elf sometimes (you know, because singing really IS my favorite, and I love Toll House cookie dough, and don't even get me started on snuggling). Anyway, there are some days when life is really great, and I just feel like smiling, or yelling out "I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!" Today is one of those days. Why? Well let me tell you:

1. I spent like four hours with my old roommate/favorite person ever, Lauren today. She got home from her mission just before Christmas, and we had a BLAST. Well, how can you not have a good time when you have the all-you-can-eat french toast from Kneaders, right? Lar and I have lived under the same roof since freshman year, and you could say we are "kindred spirits." Seriously love her.

2. My husband is wonderful. When I start telling other people about him (Lar, in this case) I re-realize exactly how good I have it. Not every wife can say, "Yeah, my husband got a perfect math score on the GRE," or "My husband took me shopping this weekend," or "My husband volunteered to watch Eclipse with me if I couldn't find a friend to go with." (I didn't make him, btw). He's just really great. I tell him all the time that he settled when he married me.

3. I'm headed to the airport in about an hour. Finally going home for the holidays! We both worked on Christmas, so now we finally can go to California to see our families. I love family. This trip I am looking forward to: seeing my niece Aidyn for the first time, getting my hair cut, watching True Grit with my dad (he used to force me to watch the John Wayne version), going to Disneyland with Corrie, and just having fun with Caleb. So great.

Wow, that got me in such a good mood that I might just endure the TSA scanners...

1 comment:

  1. Linds. I am so, so happy that you are so, so happy! I miss you but your life sounds absolutely amazing right now. I pretty much feel the same way these days. I think we should go to Mandie's farewell together. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete