Sunday, January 30, 2011

my new favorite verb

"I totally Jimmered my math test"--or so someone posted on facebook. I thought it was awesome. It's not even just a BYU thing either; an espn.com article said that "Jimmer-mania" is sweeping the entire nation. You just can't stop him. Jimmer Fredette is a prodigy. You just wait, world, because he is the next Steve Nash. Enough said on that.

So, Hi. It's me again. Been out for a while on vacation/transitioning to my new life.
I started my new "grown-up" job finally. I'm a research nurse for J. Lewis Research, Inc. My official title is a "Clinical Research Coordinator," and I work out of a clinic in Salt Lake City. Here's my job in a nutshell: Pharmaceutical companies are working on making new medications all the time, but they have to go through lots of testing before they can sell them. In the final stages of testing, the drugs have to be tested on people. That's my job. I recruit and put qualifying candidates on a new drug study, then I document how they are reacting to it. Don't worry; by this phase, the drugs are relatively safe, and nobody ever dies or anything. The patients get paid for their time too, so they are usually excited about it. I didn't have high expectations about this job to begin with, but I actually like it a lot. It's less stressful than working in a hospital, and the people I work with are really nice. I just have to get used to working full-time again. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't had a full-time job since the summer of 2007, unless you count being an EFY counselor, which I don't. The commute is kinda annoying too. With traffic, it usually takes about 45 minutes to get home. I work 10-hour shifts, so I really don't have time to do anything on the days I work. But having 3 days off every week is worth it. I'm also finding that I manage my time much better when I'm busy. Like I went to the gym four times last week!

That's pretty much my life right now. Except I have to share that yesterday I shut my head in a car door. Ask me how that happened. I'm still not sure. Now I have a splitting headache and a hematoma-like lump behind my ear. That car door "Jimmered" me. Sometimes I wonder if I should be monitoring other people's health if I can't even take care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment