Thursday, January 6, 2011

Feliz Vida!

I am currently loving life. Christmas/New Year's was really enjoyable for me, despite the unconventional nature of my celebratory style. For example, Caleb and I didn't get a Christmas tree this year. Week after week in December, the missing Tannenbaum continued to eat at me until I finally found a makeshift solution to this common holiday tradition: I made one out of flannel.


Remember those stockings I made? Well, I had some extra fabric, and this was the best I could do. Another odd thing about our tree is that all of the presents underneath it aren't ours. We bought a new bed for Christmas, so these are all the presents that would eventually go to other people. It just looked so bare under the tree that I had to borrow them. I figure we will look back on this picture with fondness someday. During the time I felt a little pathetic.

Another GREAT thing about this Christmas: Corrie Beth came to visit unexpectedly. She spent a few days with me in Springville, and we had a blast.

We made a snowman...


And played with Caleb (right after we took this picture Corrie and I attacked Caleb with a snowball.)


And we snuggled. That was my favorite. It was nice to have a roommate while Caleb was working the night shift.


Caleb had to work on Christmas Eve, so I sort of invited myself over to my aunt and uncle's house in Lehi. There is nothing like watching little kids open presents on Christmas morning. Although it does remind me of Caleb when he catches a big fish. :)

Spencer and McKay. Not exactly sure what that hand signal is.


Sammi and her new robe. I learned that those slippers are called "Oobies." Very hot right now amongst the tween population.



Sarah loving breakfast. I have finally found someone to rival my sister Rylee and her ketchup obsession.

Cute cousin Mariah. Sorry the picture is sideways.


As I said before, Caleb and I decided not to get each other presents this year because we bought our bed. So I was a little confused when he gave me a vaccuum. He said he could break the rule because he made it. I felt dumb for not getting him something. But anyway, on Dec. 27th we moved into our new apartment, which we adore. I've spent the last week moving in/trying to make everything fit--and that is hard to do in a 400 square foot apartment. It's rather hobbit-hole-esque, but couldn't be more perfect for our current needs. Here are some pics:

The Kitchen Counter. You will understand later why I chose a red theme.


That food rack was the best purchase of our married life. It fits all of our food, plus our microwave and toaster. Love it.


As I said, RED. At first it drove me crazy, but now I don't mind it so much. The red in the kitchen kinda ties it together with the rest of the room.


We love our ward, we love how beautiful Alpine is, and we really like being so close to the mountains. This was an excellent choice for us. We will be here at least until August, when Caleb hopefully goes to grad school. His applications are in, and we should hear back by March. In the meantime, he is still working in Lehi as an engineer, and I am working in Salt Lake City as a research nurse. Life is good!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Don't you just love having a place of your own? I actually like the red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe we live so close. We're in Cedar Hills, with my folks. We should go snowshoe or maybe you should come over for family dinner sometime when we all get together...

    ReplyDelete