Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Move over Martha Stewart

Caleb yet again broke the Christmas gift budget by getting me a sewing machine. Don't get me wrong; I am extremely grateful, but it made my homemade bean bag hand-warmers look pathetic in comparison. In the meantime I have tried to put it to good use. I made a few killer burp cloths and these beauties:




I couldn't wait until Valentine's Day to give them to Caleb. He made me promise not to tell any of his male friends that he is sleeping on a pink pillow with hearts on it. Since i doubt any men read this blog, I think I'm safe.

Also, Lainey didn't have a Sunday dress, so I made her one with some leftover fabric. It was a LOT harder than I thought. A pattern might have been helpful. Still, I'm proud of it in a kindergarten-popsicle-stick-project kind of way.


4 comments:

  1. Your pillow cases are amazing! I LOVE the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, how did you get your names on the pillow cases?! You are amazing! And I can't believe how adorable Lainey is! She is so cute!! I think I've seen some pretty easy tutorials on pinterest for baby dresses like that if you ever make any more! Again, I wish so bad we lived closer! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caleb's aunt has an embroidery machine, so i guess I cheated on the names. And yes, I wish we were closer! I wanna rub that cute belly of yours!

      Delete
  3. uh oh...I saw the heart covered pillows!!! I expect those to be used on the next camping trip we take together, Caleb.

    ReplyDelete