Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baby Blessing

Sunday was baby blessing day for Lainey. It's hard to describe the feelings of the day; words just don't seem to do justice. I will say that it was one of the most meaningful days of my life as I pondered both the blessings that I've received lately, and the heavy responsibility it is to be a mother.

 Alaina's great-grandparents were able to make it down from Chicago for the blessing. I adore them.


 Mom and daughter


 Caleb's mom was visiting from California for the week to see her first grandchild. She made Lainey's dress. I don't know if you can tell by the pictures how intricate and beautiful it is.


 With daddy


. This is the first time Great-Grandpa Miskin held her. He'd been trying all day, but said, "It is IMPOSSIBLE to get between that baby and the grandmas." 


No comments:

Post a Comment