Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The new doo

Ok here are finally some pics of my hair. We were gone all weekend, so I didn't get a chance to post them. I'm actually glad I cut my hair,which is good news considering I wanted to cry when the lady cut it. I told her to take off 10 inches (the minimun for Locks of Love) and she took off 12. Those 2 inches nearly did me in, because they still had to take off more to style it. I can hardly put it in a ponytail now. But I'm ok with it. I don't look like a boy, and the humidity of the midwest doesn't bother me as much with short hair. And of course, hair will grow back. Another reason I donated it is because my cousin Tara is battling brain cancer at age 22. She is such an inspiration to me, and it seemed rather pathetic to keep my hair long for purely vain reasons. Since I can't donate blood again until December, at least I can do something small for humanity.
 The "Before" shot.
 I never thought I would cave and get the "mom" haircut.
Another plus is that we will save a ton on shampoo and conditioner! And Caleb won't have to unclog the shower drain as often, which is probably his favorite thing ever.

Lately Alaina has had some decent exposure to the country lifestyle, thanks to her daddy:
 Doesn't she look so excited? (not. it was past bedtime.) At least Caleb enjoyed it.


I was a little wary about getting this picture. Sure enough, as soon as I took it, the mama horse tried to bite Lainey's head off. Nice.

5 comments:

  1. That cute cut does NOT qualify as a mom cut!! You look so great!! I seriously don't think I've ever seen you with short hair! You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heidi! You are one hott Mama! Seriously Linds, you look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks so great, Lindsey! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute!! you look great! and did you really just have a baby?!

    ReplyDelete