Wednesday, June 13, 2012

So glad summer is here.

I have a new favorite things as of late.
1. Garage Sales! We used to go all the time growing up, and Caleb and I went for the first time on Saturday. I'm never shopping in a store again. The best purchase of the day was a kiddie bike trailer. They can be anywhere from $100-$400 in stores, and we got ours for $15. Now I can ride my bike again!
2. I loved reading The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emma Orczy.  It was humorous and enjoyable, and a really fast read. Caleb even read it (the first non-scriptural, non-text book he's read since high school). Plus, I now have a few cool phrases to incorporate into my vocabulary, complements of Sir Percy Blakeney:
    "Begad!"
    "What the devil?"
     "Odd's Fish!"
They all sound much cooler when accompanied with a British accent.

3. Fresh homemade salsa. Here's how I make mine. The amounts are all estimates since I never use a recipe:

5-6 tomatoes
1/2 a yellow pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 cloves garlic
juice from 1 lime
1/2-1 jalapeno, depending on how spice-a-licous you want it
2/3 cup corn
2/3 cup black beans
1/3 cup chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste

4. BBC
5. Teaching summer school. Our neighbor kids asked me if I would teach them once a week. It's so much fun! We have everything from math class to recess. Last week we learned the anatomy of a plant, and drew corresponding pictures. (Mine's on the right.)


6. Alaina. Ok, that's nothing new.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be right over for some of that salsa! :) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete