Monday, November 26, 2012

Edison failed like 1,000 times too.


I have all of these great entrepreneurial ideas in my head, but then I always find out that someone else has beaten me to the punch. Like I wanted to invent a toothbrush that played a tooth-brushing song, so kids would know how long to brush their teeth for. Then I saw one at Walmart. I also thought of starting a website that replaces all those sorry "Lost Dog" posters you see everywhere. A sort of Craigslist for the abandoned animal world, if you will. That way if someone finds or loses an animal they can log it in on my website, called LittleDog.com. (You know, like, "Oh where, oh where has my little dog gone?" That was Caleb's contribution. I told him I wanted to call it PoodleInAHaystack.com, but he just dropped to the floor in laughter. Anyway, a quick google search dashed all of those dreams thanks to petamberalert.com (really people? it's a dog, not a human), petfinder.com, lostmydoggie.com, and fidofinder.com. Apparently I'm not as innovative as I thought. There's still the sock mops I hope to invent so I can mop my floor as I walk around the kitchen. Wait. Just checked Google. Alas, they already have those too. I still have high hopes for a combination razor/shaving gel contraption so I can skip a step when I shave my legs. Maybe then it might happen more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment