Friday, November 23, 2012

White Friday

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but I am NOT a Black Friday shopper. Every year when I read headlines like, "Gang fight at Black Friday sale," "Man punched in face pulls gun on line-cutting shopper," and "Shoplifter tries to mace security guards," I shake my head with embarrassment for America. I'm all for getting good deals (I shop mostly at garage sales and Goodwill), but nothing kills the spirit of the Holidays like watching human  beings attack each other over the latest Apple product. Also, maybe it's the Triptophane, but I'd rather not wake up at 4am. I also have beef with the big stores that make their employees work on Thanksgiving evening just to extend profits by a few hours. Like I said, Thanksgiving is sacred. Besides, I can usually find the same deal online.

Instead, this morning I got in a good hour-long, sweaty workout. I ate back all the calories I had just burned with a delicious early lunch of turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes... and 2 pieces of pumpkin pie. I'm sitting at Caleb's grandparent's home listening to kids playing, teenagers laughing, and the happy babblings of my daughter who has now learned to climb down the stairs (thank Heaven). 

This is my kind of holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment