Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mental Shrapnel

I think the Backyardigans is my favorite children's TV show. I've been humming their theme song all day. Weird-looking characters, though.

I also think that I'm being poisoned, unless someone else has a better explanation for some recent alopecia. I have to unclog my shower drain (the most vile job in history) every week. I've read that women grow more hair in pregnancy and lose it afterwords, but it's been almost a year. I've had it.

BYU Football is breaking my heart this season, but I still watch them every week. My dad has given them up completely. He says he has more un-Christlike feelings during those games than any other time in his life. 

My book club is reading "The Happiness Project." The author shares her experience of trying different methods to make herself happier over a year. It's not my fave. 1) Yes, anyone would be happier if they spent a fortune on a personal trainer to help them get into shape, and 2) all of her other methods seemed to mirror gospel principles. I think I'll just stick to reading my scriptures. I've never really cared for self-help books anyway.

My garden is dead. A frost wiped out anything that was left. I did manage to save the biggest bell pepper I've ever seen in my life. On the left is a normal-sized pepper that you'd buy at the store, and on the right is what I picked in my backyard.

We're still trying to finish it.



1 comment:

  1. okay... i totally love the backyardigans theme song too! we're such moms :)

    ReplyDelete