Thursday, October 11, 2012

Walking, she is.

I've always wanted to be a Star Wars family for Halloween. I've been Princess Leia like 5 times already, but this year I'll be joined by Luke and Yoda. Caleb has refused do dress up, (something about me ripping up his man card) but I'll convince him. I want to recreate this photo:




The hat is a little big. I made it out of a pillowcase from Goodwill. I'm all about costumes on a budget. Apparently she looks more like Shrek than Yoda. Oops.

Caleb turned 27 last month. He's been in mourning on every birthday since he turned 25. He thinks he's old or something. I tried to lighten his mood this year by taking him kayaking. He loves that kind of thing. Due to some poor planning on my part we spent 3 hours driving/setting up/taking down, and only 1 hour in the water. I also should have checked water levels. Who would have guessed that after Indiana's biggest drought in 100 years the Wildcat creek would be more like the Wildcat puddle. Despite all the setbacks we still had a really good time.



I also must showcase Alaina's latest outfit that I made... or rather I helped with. Caleb's mom did most of the work. 

She has some room to grow into it.
And lastly, Alaina started walking. This is the best video I got, but her record is 10 steps so far.

3 comments:

  1. I totally thought Yoda until you mentioned Shrek, so don't mention it and no one will notice ;). Also, she is getting so big! ..and she looks just like her dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks beautiful!!! I love that dress you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, your family is too cute! Love that costume!!!

    ~Ashley
    chashh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete